Registration is open for ACUMA’s Annual Conference on September 22-23, 2020.
It’s been a challenging year for us all, but we’ve found a way to bring you a great event and recognize the contributions of those in our industry. Our conference, “Celebrating Credit Union Mortgage Heroes” is dedicated to all the front-line financial workers who play a vital role in making it possible to put people in homes every day, especially during the pandemic. We’ll be highlighting credit union heroes and sharing some videos, too.
As in past conferences, there will be provocative and interesting speakers, as well as lots of fresh sessions on hot topics. Perhaps best of all, you’ll have no travel or hotel fees. You can participate—virtually—from your workplace or home, wherever you have Internet service. And you can pick the sessions that you’re interested in.
Here are some of the nationally known speakers we have planned:
- Derek Brummer, President of Mortgage for Radian Group, who is responsible for overseeing the company’s Mortgage Insurance and Mortgage Risk Services businesses, including developing strategies for continued growth as the mortgage industry evolves.
- Mark Casale, Chairman, President & CEO at Essent and its founder, who has more than 25 years of financial services management experience, including senior roles in mortgage banking, mortgage insurance, bond insurance and capital markets.
- Scott Happ, CEO of Optimal Blue, a marketplace platform recently acquired by Black Knight. Happ founded Mortgagebot in 1997 and built the company into a nationally recognized SaaS solutions provider.
- Beth Millstein, Principal at Millstein Consulting Services, who has more than 35 years of experience working in mortgage finance, including running capital markets for several lenders and 25-plus years at Fannie Mae.
- Sal Miosi, President and Chief Operating Officer for Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation (MGIC). Previously he served as MGIC’s Executive Vice President for Business Strategies & Operations, Senior Vice President of Business Strategies & Operations and Vice President of Marketing.
- Gwen Muse-Evans, President and CEO of GME Enterprises, a management consulting firm that specializes in providing risk management, operations management, strategic support and housing finance advisory services to corporate, nonprofit and government clients. Muse-Evans has more than 25 years of experience in the financial services industry and has worked in executive leadership positions at several Fortune 50 companies.
- Michael Schmeiser, President and Chief Executive Officer of Arch Mortgage Insurance Company. He most recently held the role of Chief Strategy Officer for Arch Global Mortgage Group.
- Michael Neal, a Senior Research Associate in the Housing Finance Policy Center at the Urban Institute, who previously worked as Fannie Mae’s Director of Economics in the Economic and Strategic Research division.
Registration fees are $199 per attendee. However, fees will be waived for ACUMA credit union and CUSO members as well as ACUMA event sponsors, making it the best value you’ll ever find.
(If you’re not yet an ACUMA member, now is the time to join. Each single ACUMA membership covers everyone at your credit union or CUSO. For a list of benefits, visit acuma.org. )